This Page

has been moved to new address

The Knot Fairy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Knot Fairy

Two Christmases ago, my in-laws gave my girls the perfect book. It is called "The Knot Fairy" and is written by Bobbie Hinman and illustrated by Kristi Bridgeman.
She looks cute and all but do not invite this fairy into your home...she is worse than a vampire!
This book has become a regular read in our house. Why?! Because the Knot Fairy visits our house almost every night when our girls are off in dreamland. We have tried to set traps. We have set up motion detectors. We have hired dragons to keep watch during the night. No matter what our attempts to keep the Knot Fairy away she still finds her way into our girls' bedrooms and reeks havoc on their long hair. When my girls get out of bed it looks like they were caught in a windstorm!!

This is Bean this AM. Notice the tangles start at the top...UGH!!!
Ash's hair is a lot easier to tackle. Thank goodness...because she is the one that complains it hurts before the brush even touches her head! I can basically break my way through the knots that Knot Fairy left behind in 3 minutes flat (yes, I've timed it...). Bean's hair is a whole different story. I think the Knot Fairy likes to stay and play a while in Jenna's hair because it looks like gold silk. I honestly believe she neglects other kids on her night's schedule to spend more time tying knots in Bean's hair!! Bean is a trooper though and she loves her long, blonde hair so she puts up with the battle between brush and knots EVERY morning. I have tried leave in conditioner & leave in conditioner spray. I have spent more money on hair products for her hair than I have on my own. (You all have seen my crazy curly hair...if anyone needs expensive hair products...it is DEFINITELY me!!) But truly, my girls love their long hair and refuse to cut it short (I've even bribed them). So, I have searched high & low (price ranges that is) and I finally went back to what I call an "old school" product. Old school because I used to use their products when I was in school and that was a long time ago. I used them until I made enough money to set up an appointment at a fancy hair salon and let them talk me out of over the counter hair products (Yep, you got it...SUCKER is written across my forehead. I'm surprised you didn't notice it on the pictures I have posted.) Anyway, I was desperate and maybe a bit nostalgic when a certain product in purple caught my eye on the shelf at Target. (Sorry Chris, but I was there...again. Don't worry, I got out of the door without spending $100 this time. The total was only $99.99.) So, I took the product off the shelf. Read the ingredients (pretended I knew that they were all miracle knot untying ingredients) and tossed it into my cart with the cute new tunic length top and leggings, a pair of ballet flats, Rio on DVD, a retro t-shirt with the old game "Pitfall" on it in a size small from the men's section (because it is for me not the hubs) and some random bags of candy. (I told you that Knot Fairy was trouble!!! Look how much money I ended up spending at Target because of her!!!)

That night I couldn't wait for the Knot Fairy to show up. I gave the dragons the night off, I turned off the motion detectors and put away all of the traps (not that they were working but I am always hopeful). I was ready to let the Knot Fairy have the night of all nights! Well, you can see in the picture above that my plan worked. I'm surprised the Knot Fairy didn't wake everyone in the neighborhood with the party she had in Bean's hair!!

I was calm and relaxed though because I was armed with this...
The Knot Fairy's nemesis
See, I knew some of you would recognize this product! Oh and the way it smells...I'm starting to think my dog's hair could benefit from it too!! Anyway, I had the brush in one hand and the spray in the other and I was fit for battle. I sprayed lightly on the top and underside of Bean's hair and started with the brush at the bottom and worked my way to the top. Let me just tell you, this stuff is INCREDIBLE!!! The brush slid through with ease and Bean stared at her beautiful, golden locks in the mirror with a smile instead of tears welling up in her eyes. She, like me, either loves a smell or wants to vomit...again, with me, there is no middle ground. She did a twirl and said, "Now we need to do the after picture, right Mommy?". And I said, "We sure do!"
Seriously, Rumpelstiltskin is drooling over this hair!!
Has the Knot Fairy been to your house recently?

Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 23, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Jon said...

When I let my beard go, the knot fairy sometimes makes a side trip to Deer Creek, but we aren't usually acquainted. Jenna, you are a gorgeous girl! Before *and* after.

Last comment: I have to get a Pitfall tee! Does it have scorpions on it? Or the crocs? I miss Atari!! (Not that we ever had one. Chris and I had to use Matthew Mack's.)

 
At August 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

The Pitfall tee has the scorpion and the crocs on it. They did a great job with the t-shirt. It brought back memories from long ago in an instant!!

 
At August 23, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Gloria said...

Great story...I look forward to each day/evening reading your blogs. Both girls have beautiful hair, but Jenna's is to die for....so BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You're such a great MOM!!

 
At August 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Momma23iae said...

OMG I am so gonna have to see if this will work on Aisha's hair. If it does it will be a true miracle. Lol Love ya girlie!

BTW Call me later about the first day of school.

 
At August 23, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Blogger melanie Quinn said...

I love Aussie!! I can even spray it in my sons hair without him freaking out. So really it works for me and both kids. What a deal!!!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Fairy Lady said...

Hi. I'm the author of The Knot Fairy and I am so happy to know that she is so busy making her rounds! You may have tricked HER, however I now challenge you to try a similar trick on The Sock Fairy - or my newest little pest - The Fart Fairy! :)
Fairy wishes,
Bobbie Hinman

 
At August 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Blogger cyndi said...

I'm going to buy the "knot cure" today....may pick up The Knot Fairy too!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 7:56 PM , Blogger The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

I can't tell you how tickled I am that Bobbie Hinman stopped by my page!!! How exciting!!I was jumping up and down at the bus stop this morning. Make sure you check out her books...we adore them!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home