This Page

has been moved to new address

22 Things I Have Done...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

22 Things I Have Done...

The list below is inspired by the wonderful Mama Kat's writing workshop. I am sure I can blow through 22 things I have done but will they be lame or will I feel good about myself when I am finished? Your guess is as good as mine. Time to start sifting through this memory of mine and get typing...

1. Won my first spelling bee in 2nd grade with the word "excellent". I was awarded with a smelly sticker that smelled like chocolate. Everyone thought I was so cool. (Started this list off with a bang! I'm not lame yet...)

2. Led my 4th grade all girls team to victory in the end of the year showdown kickball game against the boys at recess. I will seriously never forget that day. It rocked!

3. Summer before 5th grade I climbed the highest tree in our neighborhood that my mom repeatedly warned me not to do because she said I was going to get hurt. She was right, I fell out and sprained my ankle after one of the rungs nailed into the tree gave way. (See that kids...always listen to your mom!)

4. Summer before 7th grade had my first real kiss. Wasn't expecting it, knee jerk reaction later & 5.  I punched the boy in the face. (How you like those apples?! Two covered in one shot) I should probably explain this a little bit. I thought it was going to be a sweet kiss not a kiss I had seen the teenagers doing in the hallways. I really didn't mean to punch him. It truly was a grossed out/knee jerk reaction. Needless to say...we were no longer girlfriend & boyfriend.

6. Started a new school in 8th grade and got lost, spilled my cafeteria lunch and got on the wrong bus on my way home on the very first day!

7. Summer before 9th grade I went to my first field hockey camp and fell in love with the game. (Still can't believe my girls got to start when they were in elementary school.)

8. At the end of 10th grade (my first year of Senior high school), was asked to go to prom by a senior.  **blush**

9. Took my driver's license test on a manual transmission and passed at 16 years old. (That seems so young as I wrote that.)

10. Fell in love with the QB of our high school.

11. Had my heart broken by the QB of our high school.

12. Went back with the QB of our high school.

13. Broke up with the QB of our high school for a boy I ended up being in love with for a very long time.

14. Went out of my comfort zone and took a job in Virginia. I was living in Maryland and had a horrible commute but I loved my job.

15. Met my now husband at a company picnic for that company above in Virginia.

16. Fell in love with Chris Higgins!

17. Searched & searched for a Puli to call our own and found Jamaica.

18. Married Chris Higgins!

19. Had the best honeymoon in Jamaica (the country...not our dog) even though I ended up getting the flu and we had a lot of rain.

20. Got pregnant & gave birth to my beautiful daughter, Ash.

21. Got pregnant & gave birth to my other beautiful daughter, Bean.

22. Keep adding to the list of things I have done...



Mama’s Losin’ It

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Robbie K said...

cool list! Are you going to do one of those how we met posts? L can relate to your first day of 8th grade! I moved across country and started new school in 7th grade...painfully shy. Even though I brought my lunch I walked through the line and followed the ppl in front of me...sat down next to them and didn't speak a word.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Shell said...

Isn't it funny how young 16 seems now? OMG.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I loved you list! Smelly stickers used to be my favorite--very cool. And it's a good thing you took that job in Virgina!

I actually punched my husband the first time he kissed me. I was sort of interested in another guy and wasn't ready for that kind of a relationship yet. Luckily, he was patient. :)

 
At October 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger AiringMyLaundry said...

Awesome list.

I loved getting smelly stickers.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Maren said...

I liked this list, and the comment about your honeymoon not being on your dog.. that was too funny! :D

 
At October 25, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Anonymous OneMommy said...

I love how your list starts! Smelly stickers rocked. I had a huge sticker collection back in the day...
Oh, and I liked your first kiss and punch reaction - priceless!

I'm going to have to work on my 22 things I've done list tonight!

 
At October 27, 2011 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Alison said...

Great list! I can't believe you punched that boy when he kissed you-he must have been shocked!

 
At October 27, 2011 at 1:15 AM , Anonymous Galit Breen said...

I absolutely love that you went chronologically and that last one? Perfection!

 
At October 27, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Cyndy Bush said...

I love the ending. =)
I have taught my daughters to also punch boys if they kiss them, but I'm thinking they won't actually do it. LOL

 
At October 27, 2011 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Maggie S. said...

Good Gravy. What a sweet list. I always think that when I come here. You are refreshing.

 
At October 27, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

I too found it so funny to remember how vivid certain aspects of my childhood seem. FOr you, that kickball game!
Great list!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 12:19 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

great list! glad to know more about you, and love the kiss/knee jerk reaction in one fell swoop! thats how my "technically first" kiss happened. i wasnt dating the guy, and wasnt ready for tongue. i refuse to count it. wanted to hit him. LOL glad u did!

 
At October 31, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Blogger llawlor said...

Stickers were awesome and I love your list!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home