This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Shopping for my Husband...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Shopping for my Husband...



I've asked my husband for a list this year. His deadline is tomorrow morning before he heads out to work at o' dark thirty.

Here's the thing...will anything on that list be enough for the way I feel about him?

I'm sure his list will include hiking socks, a guitar music book, sunglasses and/or an itunes gift card.

This year, more than any for a while, I want to do something more than just purchase gifts that he could go out and by himself.

I want to show him how much I appreciate his support when it came time for me to either dedicate my Friday afternoons/evenings to my career or resign and he told me to resign and be a stay at home mom.

I want to show him how much I adore that he pushed me to find something for myself and told me to stop just reading blogs and create my own.

I want to show him how much pride I had in my heart when he would tell me, "Great game." after coaching my field hockey team (win or lose).

I want to show him how I respect his work ethic and feel my heart warm when his colleagues speak of his dedication and intelligence.

I want to show him how I feel that he is one of the best fathers out there.

Ash, Chris & Bean

I want to show him how much I love him and that I am not only grateful that he asked me to marry him but that even through some of the roughest days that he wants to be with me for the rest of my life.

Our Wedding Day

What do I give this man who is not only a wonderful husband but gave me the two most precious gifts ever?



Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At December 14, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Lizbeth said...

I think if you show him this post it would be the best gift he's ever gotten. :)

 
At December 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful post friend! I'm so glad he got you to create a blog! I love the picture of him and the girls! I just love it all!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Maren said...

Don't forget that he has a wonderful gift in YOU. You as your relationship, and you as YOU. Don't underestimate the value of that. ♥

 
At December 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Shell said...

Oh, this is so sweet!

I'm always at a loss for what to get mine, too!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I think this post is pretty good. I suffer from the same problem and here are things I have done for him in the past (which he really appreciated)- we have a local photographer that specializes in vintage pinup and boudoir photography. Since my husband is in the military, I thought a pinup session would be really cool- and I hate my body, so this was a huge step outside my comfort zone. I did this while he was deployed and sent it to him- he LOVED it! Another thing I did- also while he was deployed- since I could not think of what to get him for his birthday and I love to write- I wrote him a naughty story and sent it to him. Again- he LOVED it! I went all out trashy romance novel with it and he loved that I did that for him.

 
At December 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

OK. So this post rocks. And - honestly - when you asked for the perfect gift I automatically thought of the gift only a wife can give. ;) So there is always that option.
Ray used to make up clues for me for little things. He once did a cross word puzzle (you can find crossword puzzle makers online) or a scavenger hunt or ... well - I have them all ending with my option 1. :) Merry Christmas my friend. Kristen (the other one...)

 
At December 15, 2011 at 1:57 AM , Blogger Brittany said...

Maybe you could just frame your post and give it to him... it rocks! :)

 
At December 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger llawlor said...

I really think this post works for the best gift for him. I bet he agrees! How sweet and from the heart.

 
At December 15, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Jon said...

A new Mustang?

 
At December 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post sweetie. I love it and you. ;} sme

 
At December 16, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger LA Botchar said...

what a great post!

my own hubby came home with flowers tonight. he never does that! methinks something's afoot....

oh game on buddy, game on!

 
At December 16, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous OneMommy said...

What a beautiful post; made me think about - I actually read this after thinking some not so nice thoughts about my hubby. None of which he truly deserves, mostly a stressful week talking. I agree with what a few others said, this post would be a great gift in itself!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Mellodee said...

After our discussion about TV, I came back to look around more thoroughly and I'm signing up to follow you. I like your approach to life, motherhood, and whatever!

When I came across this post, I had to let you know that I have been there, over and over, for years!! In fact, I just posted about this a day or two ago. Here is the link, in case you want to read it. http://mellodeemusings.blogspot.com/2012/01/best-gift.html

Maybe it will help for next Christmas!! :)

Mellodee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home