This Page

has been moved to new address

My Blogging Style...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Blogging Style...

I am happy to tell you that I don't really have a blogging style. I also don't really have a pattern to follow as to what I will write about next. But that is what I want my blog to be about. I just want to have something for myself where I can get out what I want/need to. It may not always be creative, fresh or upbeat but it will always be honest and it will always be me.




I keep searching for and reading tips on blogging. I am VERY new at this and need all the help I can get on the technical side. I also want to learn how to increase the viewers on my blog and the comments too but I want them to grow because people like who I am, how I write and what I write about not because I am copying the style of a popular blogger.

If I lock myself in to write about just one or two things that most people in the world want to read about, that doesn't leave much room for creativity and growth. I want to blog because I want to dump some of this stuff that is in my head, heart and day to day life down. I could write it in a journal but I want to know if other people share my feelings and thoughts. I want comments. I want some of the comments to turn into conversations. I want some of the conversations to turn into friendships.

I also don't want to lock myself into writing short posts. Don't get me wrong, a lot of bloggers can get the job done and get it done well with few words but I am not one of them. I am a girl of many words. Many of which you may feel you want to skim over...but I still need to get them down. So much of what we want/need to say is limited to how many characters a certain app, social network or text will allow us. This blog does not limit me and that makes me happy.

So, what I want to know is...Do you think I am crazy for sticking to my guns and not conforming to what most tips on blogging say I should do to increase my viewers and comments? Or do you support me in blogging the way I want to and have been for the last month?

I appreciate all of your thoughts and opinions.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At September 27, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Blogger katy said...

I used to be a healthy living/food blogger and realized I was just settling for a style that wasn't really me, because that's what I fell in love with when I first started reading blogs. I love to eat, but not enough to take pictures of it all. My blog is a lifestyle blog now. I have less readers than when I had my food blog, but I am writing my own way and however I want to and that works for me. As a lifestyle blogger, there are no rules. Really. I hate those "rules" anyway. I studied them like it was my job when I started my first blog a few years ago. Some of them make sense, but not for every blog. Some of my favorite blogs don't have a set posting time or set writing length. Just be you, write what comes naturally and the readers will follow. I've learned the more you stress about the numbers, the more of a chore blogging will be. :) Just be yourself and write when/how you feel! If you have any questions or want to chat, feel free to e-mail me. katylovesblog (at) gmail (dot) com.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep being true to yourself when you write. Be funny, be smart, be thoughtful, be happy, be sad, be anything, but always be you!!! People with good hearts will follow.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blogs are great.keep going.this is my first time comment. Don't stop. G.r.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous lislawlor said...

I love your style and tone and variety of subjects. It is fresh and new and I can identify! I like the idea of being a lifestyle blogger like Katy said, since that is how it should be. Keep it up!

 
At September 28, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your reasoning for getting more views and followers?

I say keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about the rate at which people come by! Your style will bring people in as they find out about the Preppy Girl in Pink.

 
At September 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay true to who you are and everthing else will fall into place.

mel
(yes.. I am Anonymous now.. I can't remember my login)
:)

 
At September 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

I have emailed Katy to thank her for her encouring words but I just wanted to say thanks again.
To all of the Anonymous comments...thank you so much for taking the time to support me even though you don't know me. I truly am writing this blog for myself. I think I just got caught up on everything I was reading about stats for followers and views. It can make you feel that you aren't doing a good job at blogging if you don't have a certain number. I appreciate all of your opinions and will follow my heart and write whatever it leads me to write about.
Lis, you have been around since my very first post. It means the world to me!
xo Kristen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home