This Page

has been moved to new address

Finding the Balance in a Place Called Happy Mommy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, March 2, 2012

Finding the Balance in a Place Called Happy Mommy

I can't thank everyone enough for your kind words and support on my decision to cut back on my blog a bit to find the balance in not only creating a happy place for my family but a happy place for myself too. It is so important that we can all step outside of what is running through our heads at a 1000MPH and see how it is truly effecting not only ourselves but all of those close to us.

Wednesday, after I posted that blog, I went to a yin yoga class with one of my closest friends. She actually bought me a few classes at her gym on one of those amazing Living Social deals. We have participated in a few different styles of yoga that her gym offers but for some reason after writing that post, I got more out of the yin yoga class than I ever had before.

Source: google.com via Andra on Pinterest

Yin yoga is a practice where you focus on opening your ligaments, focus on your breathing and clear everything out of your mind. You hold poses for 2-5 minutes depending on the intensity and you seriously have to dump everything out of your head to hold the poses that long. It is all about being...being there...not being at the racetrack in your head...but being in touch with how your body works.

The instructor coaches you along in a soothing voice. She reminds you that you are there for one hour and fifteen minutes of "me" time. There is relaxing music playing in the background. There are very lightly scented candles burning.

It is the only time that I find that I can truly shut everything off. Yes, you read that correctly. I am not one of those people who ever shuts things off. I used to say that I should be paid overtime for all of the work I did in my sleep.

I can shut out the world in this class. I can feel the energy move from place to place in my body with each change of pose. I can feel relaxed enough to giggle (and possibly snort) when I think about even trying to put my body into the pose just shown in example. I can settle my thoughts enough to get into that very pose. I can calm my breathing to work through the intensity of holding that very pose. I can do it.

I can do it and it feel incredible afterwards. I walk out feeling stronger, lighter, cleaner and refreshed. I can walk out knowing that for one hour and 15 minutes I put myself first. I can now realize that it doesn't mean that I'm being selfish...

It means that I am finding the balance in a place called "Happy Mommy".

What do you do to feel recharged and less stressed? Have you ever tried Yin Yoga?

P.S. Melanie, Thank you for this AMAZING gift that is so much more than just exercise! xo!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mr.s Kristen :) I missed you this week! I'm glad you've found a way to let some stress go and just relax. With everything going on around us and in our homes it's really hard to find down time. My prayer time is like that for me..a chance for me to just lay everything down and give it to God. When I lived by the coast I used to spend alot of time at the beach doing just that..I'd find a quiet place and just spend some time with God and listen to the sounds of the ocean. xoxo

 
At March 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

A happier you, is a better you. If cutting back on your blog helps you do that then it is a good thing :-)

 
At March 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You sounds so refreshed! I so need to get back into yoga.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

sounds like a great class! So far, I have never successfully silenced my mind. I have not tried yin yoga- I have tried various forms of meditation, and just can't clear my head of everything.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I've been wanting to try yoga for awhile. I need to find a place locally that will just let me take a class or two to see if I like it.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

When you said she reminded you that you were there for over an hour, I thought that was so smart. Hearing that would have helped me just relax into the moment and stop thinking about everything that came next.

So glad you had some down time and found a way to relax and let go of some stresses.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Jax said...

That's so funny b/c my blog post this morning was all about how to feel less stressed. I should've included Yin Yoga!

That's great that you're taking time out for yourself.

Have an awesome weekend!!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that this is probably one of my favorite post. I was wondering when u would write a post about our fun yoga moments (yes, I'm referring to u snorting durning class..haha). I love it that you have found time to put you first! I hope this is just the beginning!
xoxo
Mel

 
At March 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Recovering Supermom said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you got some "you time". :) You deserve it!

 
At March 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love yoga! I have really had to learn to slow down and be in the moment in order to lower my stress. I love to carve out time to read (and remind myself not to feel guilty) and slow down and sit down with the kids. For myself I have to get away from the computer (and work.) I realize that taking care of myself will teach my kids to do the same thing- it has to be a conscious thing for me! Good for you for finding balance and with a fun friend! Lis Lawlor

 
At March 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

Good for you! I don't take enough time out for myself either. I think it's great role-modelling for our kids to see us taking care of ourselves...especially girls. I've got to talk less and do more! Congrats on finding your Happy Mommy Place.

 
At March 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

Oh, and thanks for your most recent comment about Milo...for some reason it's not showing up under the post !?!

 
At March 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Jen Has A Pen said...

I've never done yoga, but I'm thinking of trying a prenatal one. No reason to be a stressed pregnant chick, right? Do you think it's silly for me to have my first experience be prenatal? Or, would you assume there will be several beginners in there?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home