This Page

has been moved to new address

Migraines Are A Pain...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, November 14, 2011

Migraines Are A Pain...

Wish I had this smile on my
face today!

I went to bed last night with a migraine and guess what?! I woke up with one too! I was on the calendar to work the school store at 8:45AM and since my good friend works it too...I took some Excedrin and was on my way. I felt pretty good and love being with my friend so all seemed right with the world.

I left the school feeling like I was keeping my migraine at bay. I even met up with another friend after working the school store to go for a walk. At the end of the walk, I could feel it trying to break through the Excedrin.

I came home and wanted to take my prescription medication but knew that in less than two hours I had to be in Ash's classroom for an hour. I had promised I would come to her classroom observation in honor of National Education Week. I missed so many things while I was working that I really want to be there while I am not.

So, I took some more Excedrin. Don't worry, it was time...I'm not looking to overdose...just ward off a migraine. I made it through the class and on my drive home I started to see floaters. If you have migraines, you know what I am talking about. If you do not...floaters look like little things floating across your eyeball. Sometimes they are pretty intense. When you see these and you are a person that suffers from migraines, it means get to your prescription drugs ASAP, turn off the lights, shut out any noise and hope and pray that you can get it under control.

Some days like today it works. I am thankfully back out of bed and functioning. It may not be pretty, fast or even productive but I am functioning. My girls have too much they need help with this afternoon. I will not let this migraine win!

Do you suffer from migraines? If so, what works for you when you feel one coming on? I don't always like to reach for my prescription and I would love some suggestions.


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Maren said...

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. I have had a few myself, but I can count them on one hand, and it's very rare.. Only thing that works for me is a dark, cold room and sleep.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I have never had a migraine, but my tween used to get them when she was between 4-8. So very scary for us as it seemed like her body would literally shut down for hours (like 12) on end as a way to cope with the migraine. Luckily by managing her diet and her sleep (she needs plenty of regular food and sleep) we have managed to ward off the majority of migraines over the past few years.
So my heart goes out to you because after watching my Tween I know that they can be totally delibatating.

 
At November 15, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Robbie K said...

Glad you managed to plow through it. I suffer from them on occasion though not as bad as I once did. If the meds don't work I usually have to go lay down in a completely dark room, alternate cool and warm compresses on my head and neck and take a nap.

 
At November 15, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend Sandra gets them and she uses peppermint oil on the back of her neck when they come on.

 
At November 15, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger AiringMyLaundry said...

Ouch, I'm sorry. I do get migraines but Excedrin seems to help me. I hope you feel better.

 
At November 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Galit Breen said...

Oh, ouch. I'm so sorry to hear this!

I do get migraines from time to time- and once I have them it's the perfect combo of ibuprofen, caffeine, water, dark and sleep that helps.

To avoid them, I control my diet- carbs and sugar seem to bring them on for me. Bummer, right?

Hang in there, Mama! I hope that you feel better soon!

xo

 
At November 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM , Blogger The Dolls Are Alright said...

I was getting one a week for about two years ~ it wasn't pretty. I took lots and lots of Excedrin Migraine as I could not keep down prescription meds. For whatever reason, my body was kind enough to keep the migraines down enough that I could get through work, but once I was in my car and driving home, the pain would come fast and furious. This past year, I decided to try something and began to restrict my diet ~ no sugars, no nitrates or additives at all, no wheat, no dairy. It's not easy, but I have only had one migraine this year ~ what a blessing! I definitely feel for you. When you have a family and responsibilities and the pain is so intense ... well, there are no words to describe what that is like. I hope you are able to find a way through.

 
At November 16, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean by the floaters. I can't help you with suggestions, though, because I don't have them frequently enough for medication. Mine have always been associated with hormones- I got them quite a bit as a teen and in my early twenties (and I had no idea there was medication for them then-I would just go to bed and hope for the best, but on a few occasions I ended up in the ER for pain meds) and the other most significant one I remember was when I was newly pregnant with my first and that was the worst I have ever had and I couldn't take anything. I still remember it well- writhing around in pain feeling my head was going to explode. I was throwing up from the pain and just wanted to go to sleep but couldn't. So, I absolutely feel your pain, but thankfully, not often. BEst of luck- I hope you are feeling better!

 
At February 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM , Anonymous nurofen said...

I am suffering from migraines as well but I always have my medications with me. It helps a lot. Aside from the effects that I get from my pain medication, I also do simple exercise like walking just to help my circulatory system distribute the blood properly.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous 4rx said...

All I can say is that, migraine is an awful thing that makes me unproductive when it strikes. I hate it. I am taking analgesics to relieve pain. I hope that Science will be able to find a better way to treat and manage migraines. By the way, I love chocolates and I have discovered that it triggers headache/migraines.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home