This Page

has been moved to new address

A Bad Day at The Salon...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Bad Day at The Salon...

With my husband having off for MLK day, I decided it would be a great day to go get my hair cut and highlighted.

When did I make that decision, one might ask? Well, this morning around 10:30AM.

Did I call ahead to see if my normal stylist was there? No.

Did I leave the salon when I found out that she wasn't on the schedule for the day? No.

I looked around and settled on a stylist that had done a deep conditioning treatment on my hair before...a stylist that had never even lifted a pair of scissors to my hair.

Was this a mistake? OH, H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS - YES!!!

As you can see from my photos on the left side of my blog, I have VERY curly hair. I explained this to the stylist several times. I told her that my hair does not like layers. I also told her my hair craves/needs length to help keep the curls from curling up as tight as a poodles. I then went on to tell her that I wanted some more highlights (to cover the grays that keep popping up). I told her to keep it a soft blonde like I already had.

For some reason, when she was cutting my hair after the highlights were complete she had me turned away from the mirror. I have a lot of hair so I just assumed it was so she could get around a bit easier. Yes, I am a fool! She was trying to hide not only the crazy layers she was adding to my hair but the color as well.

When she spun me around, I not only noticed that a lot of my length was gone but that my highlights were that bluish platinum blonde. I seriously had to hold back the tears.

Source: someecards.com via Dana on Pinterest


So, from now until the length and the layers grow out and the color fades...I will be wearing a lot of low cut blouses!

What is your hair nightmare story?

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At January 17, 2012 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Galit Breen said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened!

{I so would have cried!}

 
At January 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Gia said...

Whhaaaat? She specifically did to your hair what you told her not to (and hid it from you because it wasnt what you said)?!? That would make me FURIOUS. I'd definitely be talking with the manager.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

I am sorry. I would have been spitting mad. That girl should have known if she cut your hair shorter how your hair would do.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh NO! I am so sorry. My worst cut was back in the mid-90's. Remember "The Rachel"? Yeah, I am not usually a follower like that, but I loved her haircut so much that I caved and asked for it. Well, what I got was the "Carol Brady". Seriously- it had this mushroom cloud sort of poof-y bob on top with a severe flip coming out from underneath the mushroom. It was BAD.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM , Blogger llawlor said...

Nooooooooo, not all that pretty hair. I would certainly complain (and cry!) My bad hair was an awful perm in the early 80s that fell out halfway and took a year to grow out. Time to get out your hats?

 
At January 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Oh dear! I would have been so upset, then furious with what that stylist did. I surely hope that you spoke to the manager about what happened.

I think I would buy scarves and hats to cover up. Or pull your hair up in a ponytail for the duration.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm sorta afraid to go to the salon again. Last time I went (to a high-end place that was really highly recommended by an acquaintance), I told her what I wanted and what I definitely didn't want... and she gave me exactly what I said I didn't want and ignored what I said I did want..

I don't take recommendations from that acquaintance anymore either. Even for toilet plungers. The guys at church snickered at me for like a month.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no - that would definitely upset me. I don't have any real nightmare stories because I'm not brave enough to do anything really different with my hair. But I did go get mine cut a couple weeks ago. Like you, I decided mid-morning that I HAD to get it cut that day because it was driving me crazy. It was too late for an appointment so I went to Great Clips at lunch. And it was not a good experience or a good haircut! It's not horrible - it's just not good. But it'll grow, so I won't worry about it.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Robbie K said...

uh-oh! Is it just me or are us curly haired girls more prone to hair nightmares?

I have too many to remember! I haven't had my hair cut in 7 months and a day or 2 before New Years I decided it was time...much like you did. Randomly called a place I had NEVER even been and Ida the ageing hair stylist (she was at least 60!) talked me in to bangs.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I used to be a total impulse hair cutter and it almost always ended in disaster. Now I restrain myself and go to the same stylist all the time even when I have to restrain myself when she can't fit me in right away!!!

In a fit of sanity and planning aheadness I even scheduled my pre vacation/pre holiday haircut for and color for December way back in October. That is very progressive for me!

I can't believe you didn't show us a pic of your new hair!!!

 
At January 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have curls too. I have had some stylists that didn't understand my hair length would shrink up when my hair was dry. I ended up with really short hair.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Crap! about 6 months before my wedding - I went to a new girl to have my eyebrows waxed. (you know where this is going, right?) She ripped off the back 1/2 of my eyebrow. No lie.

It grew in...just in time.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

Oh no!! I seriously could tear up for you!I have had plenty of bad hair cuts. I have VERY think hair. Which means I need length. or I look like a puff ball. The last time I went to our small town lady she had me and two other clients going at once. To make a long story short, she left the color on too long and cut short and straight across my hair. I had almost white hair with a bad cut. I called off work teh next day and went to a very expensive place to fix it. They helped a little. Last time I ever went back there!

 
At January 17, 2012 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Maggie S. said...

You know they say,"Don't let your mom comb your hair when she's mad." Mine is a cosmetologist. I can add..."don't make your mom mad before she perms your hair." When she left my house I went straight to the shower and shampooed and conditioned. It didn't relax a bit.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM , Anonymous OneMommy said...

Oh! I feel your pain! When I first had my hair cut as short as it is, I had this super cute cut done. I went back to get it trimmed up (okay, it had grown way out)and had someone else cut it. Yikes! She took scissors and literally cut a deep V in the back of my hair when I said i wanted it a little longer in front than back. I had to have my mom TRY to fix it so it wasn't awful until it grew out some.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh how awful! So sorry friend!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 1:51 AM , Blogger Recovering Supermom said...

Ack! I'm so sorry. When a person gets their hair done, they're pretty much putting all of their trust in the stylist. I'm sorry yours didn't listen to you.

I can't think of a bad haircut that I've had recently, but I used to go to this place in the mall that I finally just got fed up with. Every time I found a good person, they would be gone the next time I called for an appointment. And the people who were left would just make me feel bad because I didn't do things with my hair that they thought I should.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

Oh, no! Luckily it's only hair and not permanent...but I know how you feel! It's your HAIR!! My brother's been my hairdresser since I was 11. My head has pretty much always been in his hands...but the worst was when I was in Grade 9 and he cut "steps" into the back of my hair (all the rage back then I guess) and my mom convinced me that it looked awful so had him cut it out and then I had like an army buzz cut! In my school at the time there were two punk rockers with hair like this and me! I was pretty devastated...but it grew! I'd call the salon and go back and get it fixed...at least the colour! They should remedy it as best they can...but get your regular stylist to do it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home