This Page

has been moved to new address

I Have No Words...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Have No Words...

I have 1001 thoughts running around in my head and yet I can't put any of them into words that make sense.

I'm in a rut.

My family life couldn't be better right now. My friends are amazing. Somehow though, I am feeling down.

Is it the post holiday blues? Could it be the post vacation blues? Maybe it is the whole SAHM adjustment thing again? Is it that I am just over winter and need the warmth of spring sooner rather than later? Could it be that I feel like I can't keep up with blogging, commenting, replying? Maybe it is a combination of all of these things.

I just know that yesterday, when I looked at my computer screen, no words came to me. I awoke this morning thinking that I would just sit down and begin a post from one of the many thoughts in my mind. Again, no words.

So here I sit...staring at a computer screen again with not much on it.

What do you do to get the words flowing again?

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At January 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Gia said...

I draw pictures. Or take photos of Allie the Alligator doing inappropriate things, and call it a day. :P Or make Boyfriend guestpost, like he is today (!!)

Sorry I'm not more helpful. Hope you get out of your funk soon!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Shell said...

Step away from the computer for a little while. That helps me!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

I sometimes get in a blog funk also.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

Maybe get inspired over on Pinterest...maybe not for a blog post...(or maybe!) I find it so inspiring to create something - anything...it fills me up. And then of course take some pics of your creations and voila! a blog post! Oh, and don't put pressure on yourself...easy to say, I know. Feel better. :)

 
At January 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

Oh, and stay tuned because I'm working on a post that will get you working on a post. You'll see ;)

 
At January 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Robbie K said...

I say give yourself a break and step away from the computer. I have been doing that lately when I am not inspired to write...or when i has so much swirling in my brain that I CAN'T seem to put it into words.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Suburban prep said...

It has been noted that January 24 and 25 are noted as the depressing time of the year. The reason is that The Holidays are over and the bills are coming in for the spending that took place at that time. Also with he sun not out quite as much that adds to people having a hard time just really getting out of their ruts.

I am attaching something that I read yesterday that bodes to that belief.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/beyondblue/2012/01/january-24-is-the-most-depressing-day-of-the-year.html

Hope that you feel better soon.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I take JDaniel on an outing and people watch. Either JDaniel or other people we see on our outing give me post ideas.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM , Blogger KLZ said...

I think it's natural. Everyone goes through bloggy ruts too...I try something new when the old stuff isnt working. Do what makes you happy

 
At January 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

I love everyone's answer. Also - I've been in a rut too. That is why I do Mama Kat's and sometimes look for other writing prompts... just because - I want SOMETHING.

Honestly? Shell's is my favorite. (shhhh... don't tell everyone) - and I really wanted to link up today. I didn't have any idea what I was going to write about until - I opened up my inbox.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Shell said...

Aw, I'm glad I came back and saw that last comment. xo

 
At January 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM , Blogger marie said...

Totally, totally normal. I find that counting my blessings, making my husband have a real conversation with me, reading to the kids, making a dinner we all like, making plans for the weekend, a walk with a friend, getting frozen yogurt, doing my nails and learning to be really honest (as you are doing here) are all things that make me happy!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

I feel the same way about January. Doesnt seem much to say....Just blah!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM , Anonymous Galit Breen said...

Oh girl, we've all been there! Step away, read book, or posts linked up to "Just Write," look at photos, exercise, shower, and then sit down and let it flow - unplanned. You'll come up with some gold this way, I promise! xo

 
At January 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM , Blogger christine said...

So sorry. Whether it is a "feeling down" blog wise or life wise, we have all been there. I (like everyone else who's commented) recommend taking a break. Stepping back. I find that if I allow myself to take a break and not put pressure on myself to have a certain number of blogs posts (because, gasp!, it's been three days since I last posted) something comes to me. But even in your feeling of no words, you found words to express this. And, as you can see, so many people can relate!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Heather said...

I love all the comments. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in the logistics of blogging that we let go of some of the other fun things in our life.

I say step away for the weekend and see what happens!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Maren said...

Hugs! I think that January is like that for a lot of people! :)

 
At January 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Tina @ Life Without Pink said...

I always take a break and step away. Could be for a day, few days even a week or more until I'm feeling better. I hate winter time and being stuck in all the time with the kids makes me feel like this.

 
At January 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

The harder I try to get the words to come back, the longer it takes for them to appear!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous OneMommy said...

Feeling the same way lately. Bummed a bit b/c my b.day is this week and I just feel old and blah....

Don't push - the words will come... Like they did in the poem you wrote for Mama Kat's Writer's WS

 
At January 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Arnebya said...

All of these comments are so wonderful. And true. I do recommend quiet or reading someone else's words as sometimes they'll spark a memory or a desire. I usually like my writing more after a rut. It feels more streamlined, more determined and thoughtful.

The words will come.

 
At January 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoga baby!!! Give it time and don't rush it. ;)
Xoxo
Mel

 
At January 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Take a break! Sometimes that's all ya need!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home