This Page

has been moved to new address

10 Things That Put A Smile On My Face...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, October 6, 2011

10 Things That Put A Smile On My Face...

There are 10 things that are sure to put a smile on my face when I am grumpy...

1. When my husband knows I am grumpy and slides his hand across my waist and says, "Come on baby doll...smile." It's just the way he says it. I wish I could link his voice up to it.

My handsome hubby

2. When my husband calls in the afternoon and says, "Where are we going for dinner?". I don't really need to explain that one, do I?!

3. When Ash & I are arguing and I see so much of myself in her. (Yes, I argue with a 9 yr. old) I try not to smile but it always comes through. Good thing too, that is usually when the mood lightens and we can move on from the argument.


Ash's grumpy face looks
a lot like my grumpy face :-(

4. When Bean comes to me to show me something beautiful she has created from string, acorns, cotton balls, sticks, tape, glue and whatever else she got her little hands on. She is so creative that it always lightens my heart to think of how her brain operates.


Bean is crafting away

5. When I hear my husband telling my girls what to dream of when he tucks them into bed. (Even though they just drove me to the edge by taking FOREVER with brushing their teeth & hair, washing their hands, putting their dirty clothes in the hamper and cleaning up their remaining toys for the night.) It is just incredibly sweet that he started this tradition with them and he never repeats ideas and they are always really fun things to do or go see in dreamland. (That part, I am a bit jealous of. I have to cover when he is away on travel and the girls always tell me that "Daddy is better at this, Mommy".)

6. I'll be honest here...a cold Blue Moon with friends. Again, do I really need to explain this one?!

7. When Jamaica, our dog, wakes up from a nap, walks across the room, picks up one of her favorite stuffed animals, walks back to where she was previously napping and resumes that nap with her stuffed animal between her front paws. Incredibly cute!


Jamaica snuggled up with her goose

8. When I am in a funk and doubting my abilities as a wife and/or mom and I call my mom and she says, "Kristen, I am proud of the person you grew into."

9. When my dad's face lights up and you can see the excitement he feels when he sees my girls. As a papa he only sees the good in them. So, even though they probably just pushed my last button right before we pull up to see him, his smile makes me smile.

10. Turning on some of my favorite music and dancing like no one is watching. (Because really, no one is...I make sure of that!)



The idea for this list came from the wonderfully talented, beautiful and funny Kat at Mama's Losin' It. If you need to smile, check out her blog. She is hysterical. She also does some funny vlogs (video blogs) that I think she should turn into her own sitcom. (hint, hint!)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At October 6, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Blogger KatBouska said...

That is the funniest dog ever! What is she??

Your list made me think of things that my family does to make me smile too. :) It's nice to be loved!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Even when Ash is grumpy she's gorgeous...geesh.

 
At October 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me smile. My wonderful granddaughters always lift my heart. and make me smile. I really have a lot to smile about. I' ll have to remember that ar my next pity party.

 
At October 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger llawlor said...

I love your family happiness! It makes me remember the things in my family and the likeness in the kids that is maddening and endearing and only between you:) So grateful for my in-laws and their unconditional love for these crazy boys! Life is quite a ride and it sure helps to remember all the good- grateful to my awesome hubby too. Have a great weekend with the sun shining.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! I knew you were hiding grins when mini-KP came out! Reading all these items gave me a big smile - and thanks for writing so many about me! Love sme

 
At October 24, 2011 at 4:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great list. This is such a happy challenge. Music and my kids are definitly on my list.

 
At October 24, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

Lovely list! I too make sure NO ONE is around when I start busting a move! Ha ha ha!!! Great post thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home