This Page

has been moved to new address

A Surprise For My Husband...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Surprise For My Husband...

Last Friday my husband and I celebrated 11 years of marriage in Florida. We had an amazing day and I planned on capping it off with a surprise.

Well, the surprise didn't work because I didn't know that an iPad doesn't really work like a laptop and I made a big old mess out of my blog post where I wanted to show him the surprise.

See, 11 years ago (or I guess a few months before that), we chose a photographer for our wedding that looked good in his portfolio but SUCKED when it came to capturing our big day. He was honestly the only sour point in the entire day and we had torrential downpours, an antique Rolls Royce with a fogged up windshield on the highway, rain turning to sleet and sleet turning to snow!

We have always regretted that we didn't put more effort into making sure we had the best (or at least not the worst) photographer for our wedding. We were very lucky to have family and friends with their cameras who shared their shots with us but it still felt like something was missing.

So...I asked one of my very good friends, Joy (some of you know her as my assistant coach), who is wicked good with a camera, to take photos of me in my gown so I could surprise Chris.

We set a date and made the plans to do the shots at my house and in my yard.

The morning of this date, my husband calls to tell me he is sick and is coming home from work. OH NO!!! Time for Plan B. Wait!! I don't have a Plan B!!!

I called Joy and she said, "We can figure this out." and we did! I shoved my dress in the car and headed over to her house and neighborhood (which is on the water) and got super excited that I was about to do this for Chris. Then I started to see flurries coming down. Then the DJ on the radio said it was 30 degrees and with the windchill it was down to 20 degrees.

The good news is...it was freezing cold but Joy and I got it done and we laughed the whole time.

The awesome thing is...after 11 years and 2 kids, I can still fit into my wedding gown!








This last picture may be one of my favorites. Joy wanted me to show Chris that I left my Uggs on because it was sooo cold. (Well, that and I forgot to grab heels as I made a mad dash out of the house.)

Happy Weekend Everyone! Remember to slow down and enjoy the details.





Share Your Awesome

Labels: , , ,

41 Comments:

At January 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Oh my gosh! Too funny! I can't believe you still fit in your wedding dress! I am so jealous.

Did he love the pictures?

You look great!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 7:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet he loved those pictures! You look gorgeous :-) -Pat Carpenter

 
At January 27, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Gia said...

Awww, what a nice surprise for him!! Also, beautiful dress and good for you for fitting into it! That is SUPER impressive

 
At January 27, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

What a sweet surprise. You are so pretty. I love the photos. She did a great job.

 
At January 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM , Blogger llawlor said...

Beautiful and thoughtful gift. Hey our wedding photographer stunk too...what a bummer...way to hang in there on a frigid yet sunny day. Love the dress and setting. Way to go, Joy!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Robbie K said...

Love the pics..you look beautiful! I am sure he appreciated you braving the elements for him!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! You look amazing! Can't wait to hear what he thought!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Jax said...

What a sweet surprise!! I love the pictures. The ugg one is my favorite as well. He's gonna love it!

Happy weekend :)

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kristen that is a great anniversary gift! I bet your hubby loved the pictures of you in your beautiful dress. :D I hope you told him how cold it was too on the day of your photo-shoot ;) lol.
P.S. Your husband is lucky to have such a beautiful wife! (inside and out) :D

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Jill said...

What a great idea, KP. The only thing missing from your new photos is those awesome little pearly things you had in your hair. Wedding memories can run into each other, but I remember to this day how beautiful your hair was with those delicate little pearls.

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I think it is perfect that you ended up taking these photos at your friend's house, because those photos on the water are beautiful! And I am SO JEALOUS that you can fit in your wedding dress. I seriously couldn't get a LEG in mine.

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Sandra Tyler said...

what a sweet story! We have some things in common: I too have been married just 11 years, and have two kids. AND I too have an ipad that I realized really "messes" up blogging. Supposedly with the next safari update we'll be able to post from it, but until then we have to resort to our crappy old computers! visiting you from grumpy g's weekend hop. Happy anniversary! Oh, and my wedding gown is in the attic; I wouldn't dare try it on! Not sure I'd look as super as you do!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Jen said...

LOVE it!!!! And, girl, you have a rockin' bod!!!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM , Blogger lesa said...

What a fun idea! Beautiful photos. Glad it turned out for you. Sometimes Plan B's work out great :)

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

LOl! After all that, the photos turned gorgeous! I'm sure he's going to love them! And I think the Uggs add a fun touch. I haven't tried on my wedding dress since I got married nearly 10 years ago. Not sure I could make the squeeze!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Blogger marie said...

Those pictures are beautiful! You look really happy and carefree. I think a nice wedding is great, but even better is a wonderful marriage which you obviously have.

I love the one where you are facing the water and you can see your whole dress.

And how awesome that it fits!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Catie said...

How fun!! I hope someday I can fit into my dress again

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Donna said...

What a great idea! Those pictures are so nice! I love weddings and wedding dresses and my ten-year anniversary is coming up this summer so I've been trying to find a good idea for getting all dressed up again in my wedding finery. I may have just found it! :)

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Donna said...

P.S. My style is preppy too. I love preppy things! I like your blog, I'll be back again!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Mellodee said...

What a lovely idea! I wish I had thought of it 30 or 40 years ago! You see, I have a wedding photo story too! Check it out at: http://mellodeemusings.blogspot.com/2009/11/kodachrome.html

I promise it will, at least, make you smile!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Mommy Inconsistent said...

What a great idea! I should do this for my Hubby...but then again we've only been married for a year and a half (yep, did the kid thing first) and I don't want to get depressed 'cuz I think my dress won't quite fit - that's sad as it was only a year and a half ago! Congrats on fitting into yours...you look great!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

Love the Uggs! LOL You look beautiful! And go you for fitting int hat dress!!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous tara said...

You are beautiful! Inside and out! I am impressed at the lengths you went to, to show your love. And the uggs make the dress!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen, I am so proud of your pictures! You look absolutely
Beautiful. Joy did a wonderful job as photographer. I bet our Girlies think,and they would be right, that you look like a princess! Your gown still looks beautiful and the fit perfect! You glow and your happiness shows!
Love,mom

 
At January 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Maren said...

What a lovely idea! And you look STUNNING by the way!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM , Blogger CB said...

Oh girl! I can SO relate to this as my husband and my wedding pictures are the worst. When my daughters got married this was my #1 thing. I hired the best photographers because I did not want them to have crap pictures like I do.

I absolutely LOVE that you were able to pull this off after 11 years of marriage. You are gorgeous - the dress is beautiful. I know your husband loved the pictures and that you would do this for him!!

You look so happy in the pictures!!

Happy Late Anniversary!!

P.S. Thanks for coming to visit my blog - I am visiting you right back and am your newest follower.

 
At January 27, 2012 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

What a great idea! I love it!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous christine said...

So, impressed. With the idea and that you fit in your dress!

 
At January 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look amazing!!! Such a thoughtfully gift. ;)
Mel

 
At January 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Tara said...

That's fantastic! Beautiful pictures!

 
At January 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Missy | Literal Mom said...

What a sweet story! And I'm so impressed that you can still fit into your wedding dress. That's awesome!

 
At January 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM , Blogger championm2000 said...

What a great idea!

I love all of the pictures but the one by the fireplace and the last one with you in your coat and Uggs are my favorites!

Happy (belated) anniversary!

 
At January 28, 2012 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Recovering Supermom said...

You're beautiful! What a lovely idea to do this for your husband. And I'm so impressed that you fit into it after 11 years. I'm not sure I wouldn't be able to! :)

 
At January 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Jen Has A Pen said...

This is fun. :-) I can't believe you can still fit in your wedding dress. I'd like to hate you, but... :-)

 
At January 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! You look beautiful. Do share how he liked it. Want to hear what he thought.

 
At January 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! And how awesome that you can still fit in your wedding dress :)

Stopping by from the Good News! hop!

 
At January 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

Love, love, love that gift to him, and I am wildly impressed with your ability to stay true to wedding dress size!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Galit Breen said...

Go you! That's so fun and beautiful!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Suburban prep said...

How beautiful your dress is.
I know I probably do not fit in my dress from 13 1/2 yrs ago. (I have had a few medical issues and the meds have made some adjustments to my weight).
What a great way to surprise him.
But oh so cold to do a photo shoot.

I got married in Mid November in the Chicago area and it was about 60 degrees (a heat wave).

 
At February 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous OneMommy said...

Girl, you rock! So great you can still fit in your dress - and you are beautiful in it, by the way! What a great surprise for your husband!

 
At February 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Leigh Powell Hines said...

What a great, sentimental thing to do. I"ve been so behind in my dashboard that I'm behind in a lot of posts, but have caught up now.

I need to move you to my sidebar. I hit those more frequently.

Don't have to time to talk about your PHYO for this week, but your daughter is doing great. Wake County has an unusual grading system, and my son did well, too. But, like you, we expect it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home